Home / Media / News Feed / News Details

Vaughn Completes West Campus Building 3 for UT Southwestern Medical Center

The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center hosted a dedication ceremony to celebrate its newly constructed West Campus Building 3. Vaughn built the new facility to bring the hospital’s clinics together with its corresponding academic offices under one roof. The new West Campus Building 3 consists of a 305,000 SF professional building to house clinical and academic offices for urology, the clinical heart center, vascular surgery, otolaryngology, and several internal medicine subspecialties. The nine-level building is divided into 60 percent clinical space, with the other 40 percent devoted to academic offices for the university’s medical school. The fourth through ninth floors house medical clinics in which students will perform their residencies. The second and third floors of the building comprise a 49,000 SF state-of-the-art simulation center to provide training for medical students, residents, fellows, faculty, and other health care professionals. One of the largest simulation centers in the United States, the new facility houses 20 standardized patient rooms with adjacent debriefing rooms so students can  interact with faculty during examination and treatment of patients. The simulation center also offers four high-fidelity manikin rooms to simulate operating, emergency, labor and delivery, and intensive care scenarios. The project architect was HDR. Learn more about this project.